Monday, November 29, 2010

Long time no see...


I guess the resolution to blog more often didn't exactly pan out, huh? I'm going to give this another shot. It seems silly to have this fancy new Mac and do nothing but check email and Facebook with it. Maybe this time I can upload pictures more easily, get logged in more quickly, and become an all-around computer whiz. Ok, probably not the last one but I'm determined to utilize what I have. So, I'm going to start this blog up again....more as a journal for me than anything. I want something that my kids can look back and read and say, "Huh, that's what mom was thinking." I tried to do this in an actual journal, but that has turned into writing down the funny things they say more than an outlet for me. I'm always filled with good intentions. It's the follow-through that I have a problem with.... So, let's just jump right in, shall we?

We just got back from a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with my family. We headed to Jasper on Wednesday to my parents' house. Bobby and I stayed until Friday night and the kids stayed there through the weekend. This served many purposes: 1) kids got to spend extra time with Gigi and Grandpa, 2) Bobby and I got to have a night to ourselves, 3) Bobby got the winter yardwork done (without "help"), and 4) we got a free babysitter. All of us spent Thanksgiving Day with the Mehringers. What a crazy night that turned out to be! The entire crew was together for a change and we definitely took advantage of that! We all played Tri-bond (or Trio-fold, depends who you ask). Quite an experience--I never realized I had such a competitive family, or that I am so competitive myself! That game is rigged, I swear. That's the only explanation for how bad Pam and I are at it. But, congratulations Ron and Cori. I guess you earned it (cough, cough).
On Friday, my mom, Trey, and I did a little black Friday shopping....although we did not brave the early morning crowds. That afternoon my grandpa had a fish fry. The whole Mehringer clan was together again. A little more low-key than the night before, but still tons of fun! Then we went to my cousin Jodi's baby shower (on my mom's side). It was awesome to see the Schmitts since I had to come back to Indy for work and wasn't able to do Thanksgiving with them. I am so, so, so thankful for my amazing family, every last one of them. They made this holiday perfect for us. There has been a lot of loss surrounding people I love lately. I feel so lucky to have such an amazing family that I genuinely love to spend time with. I never realized that it isn't like this with all families. I know I will never take it for granted!

Until next time....

No comments: